Noelani May Fair
May Fair is a wonderful tradition at Noelani, featuring beautiful performances, exciting activities for all ages, food, fun, laughter, and moments that create memories for a lifetime, so mark your calendars and request May 10th off.
WE NEED YOU!!
We are urgently looking for volunteers who would like to be part of the May Fair team and provide the beloved services! Don't be alarmed! Our experienced committee members will guide you through the process step-by-step with much support!
- Bake Shop (Shadow): Organize the baked goods and snack packs to be donated and packaged for sales. Oversee sales on May Fair.
- Floral Shop (Shadow): Organize donation/collection of flowers and two days of lei making with volunteers and oversee sales.
- Produce (Chair): Arrange and organize the produce donations form the local farmers and oversee sales.
- Parking (Shadow): Manage the parking of the visitors on the day of the even with volunteers.
- Silent Auction (Shadow): Organize the donation requests from corporates and families, package and prepare items for auction with a co-chair and volunteers. Oversee sales.
Start your day at the Floral Shop (located just outside of the office) to make sure you get a beautiful haku wristlet, floral headband or floral lei. The Floral Shop opens at 7:00am. But be sure to get there early, they sell very quickly.
Then check out the delectable goodies at the Bake Shop, Bentos, and Produce booths, which will stay open until sold out. Be sure to also check out the Silent Auction items in the café. The highlight of the day are always the May Day Student Performances, which will take place from 9:30-10:30. We will continue our celebration with Keiki Games, Keiki Corner, and a student Variety Show - all set to begin at 12:00-12:30 and end at 2:00.
This special event is possible because of the donations received and the many volunteers that sign up and pitch in each year.