Friday, Feb. 10 2017
MAHALO for successful 2016 Jog-a-Thon! Thank you for everyone who supported the event - we can't do it without you.
Come parents, grandparents, relatives & friends: Cheer! Jog along! Walk along! Either way, we promise you a fun Friday morning with your children!! As always, safety is our primary consideration. Water will be available throughout Jogathon. If it rains or field conditions are unsafe, we will hold an Exercise-a-thon in the playcourt.
What is Jogathon?
- The second fundraiser of the school year staged by our Noelani PTA.
- Students are sponsored by family and friends to jog or walk along a course that winds through the Noelani campus. The course is designed by our P.E. teacher, Mrs. Veronica Lum, and manned by parent-volunteers.
What’s the educational purpose of Jogathon?
- To help students appreciate the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle.
- To provide an engaging school-wide learning experience for our students and to enhance their sense of place within the Noelani Ohana.
The incentive program was designed to encourage our Noelani Ohana to come together to reach our goal of $25,000 in sponsorships:
- Family donations of $50 or more will receive a Noelani printed memorabilia.
- Donations of $100 or more will receive a Noelani printed memorabilia, recognition as a “Platinum Club” member by posting your name on the cafeteria bulletin board, and your name will be entered into a drawing to win 1 of 2 grand prizes (at least $100 value each).
Where does Jogathon money go?
All money goes to the PTA General Fund. The PTA supports projects such as:
- the PE and music programs, including teachers’ salaries
- the computer education program, including I-Book Cart equipment and servicing
- school projects (e.g. fence line border)
- staff development and discretionary requests
- student support requests (e.g. drama program, 4th Grade Big Island trip)
- emergency equipment (e.g. automated external defibrillator (AED) machine)
A few days before Jogathon, students will come home with their free Jogathon t-shirt. Please encourage your joggers to wear their special Noelani Jogathon t-shirt on Jogathon day
A special thank you to all of the parent volunteers who work to make our Jogathon such a success year after year. We couldn't do it without you!